|2. How to play InsectBot using ArduBlock|
|3. Download latest ArduBlock|
1. InsectBot Introduction
Insectbot is an Arduino-based 2-servo walker robot with one infrared sensor to detect obstacles. This easy-to-assemble kit is designed to enable creative engineering and robotics learning for age 6 and above. It is the best way to start building robot on Arduino.
2. How to play InsectBot using ArduBlock
We add some bricks for InsectBot in latest ArduBlock.
- get distance to obstacle in front of InsectBot.
- In Danger?
- Is the obstacle too close to InsectBot?
- Go Forward
- let InsectBot go forward
- Go Back Right
- let InsectBot go backward
- Turn Left
- let InsectBot turn left
- let InsectBot LED blink.
A complete ArduBlock porgram for InsectBot shown below.
Print distance of obstacle in front of InsectBot via Serial Port. if obstacle too close to InsectBot then blink LED on body of InsectBot, turn left 5 times and go backward 5 times. otherwise, go forward.
You can download example from here: -> link
3. Download latest ArduBlock
- Download latest version of ArduBlock from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ardublock/files/ardublock-beta-20131209-workshop-insectbot.zip/download
- extract zip file, follow the Instructions(Link) to install ArduBlock
- copy libraries/Workshop to Arduino libraries/
Now, it’s ready to use.